We all know that a roofer builds and repairs roofs, yet there are other aspects of roofing that the roofing company will take on, and these include the following:
- Converting a Flat roof to a Pitched Roof – This is sometime required and involves removing the flat roof, then building the pitch, and finally tiling the roof.
- Installing Skylights – If, for example, you are having a loft conversion done. You would need a few skylights fitted for natural lighting, and this is something a roofing contractor would be more than capable of doing. There are emergency roofers in Cheltenham who are always happy to provide an out of hours service, should it be necessary.
- Installing UPVC soffit & Fascia Boards – Rather than repairing timber boards, you are advised to install UPVC, as this does not require any maintenance, and with a range of attractive colours, you can add a little kerb appeal to your home.
- Replacing Flashing – Whether lead or stainless steel, the flashing often gets damaged and any reputable roofing company would be experienced at installing all forms of flashing. The flashing fits around the chimney and provides a seal when two different materials meet, and it is a skilled job to install flashing correctly.
- Installing Guttering & Downpipes – Stainless steel makes for the best guttering, and with a wide and shallow design, it is easier to keep the guttering free from obstruction.
As you can see, a roofing contractor is a man of many talents, and if it connected to roofing, then he’s your man.